Sunday, August 07, 2005

Weekend Update

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty relaxing overall.

Friday I left work and came home to take care of the little devil, aka our puppy. I was supposed to go to a movie with Melissa but the devil had other plans. While outside she decided to get stung by a wasp. I didn't notice right away but her eye was swollen so I called a vet and they said to bring her in right away. Of course everyone thought she was such a cutie and a sweetheart, they don't live with her. :) She's fine now, the sting barley bothered her, I wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for the eye. So instead of a movie I spent the night orangizing scrap albums and printing picutures.

Saturday I got up and got ready to head to the crop. The Scrapbook Zone was a nice store, not nice enough to make the drive jsut for the store, but one that I would make a point of going into if I was in the area. I meet some great people, was in awe of a couple others. I've decided to give 8.5x11 a try, after seeing some of the pages I figured, why not. I was a little shy, but I didn't know everyone as well so I just sat there and cropped. I got some pages done I love, others I dont' but except for a little journaling, the Hawaii album is done!

Today I did some shopping. I'm happy with myself. I walked out of many stores with nothing. I asked myself that question, "Do I really need this?" Although I've been to the mall the past 2 weekends and both times I walked out with nothing. I tried some stuff on but didn't love any of it. I came home and the little devil decided to be a bigger devil. She went runnign through the woods. I went further into them than I ever have to try to find her. Just as I was changing so I could properly search, she showed back up. She's not my favorite dog today.

Good stuff....more tomoatoes off our plants, they're growing like crazy things and they're so yummy. It's a short week at work, really only have to work Monday and Tuesday. Did some thinking although I'm no where clsoe to an answer.

And the best news....I BOOKED MY HOTEL FOR CHICAGO!!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Stewart said...

YUM...nothing better than fresh tomatoes!

And good for you for doing the "do I really need this?" while shopping. That's better than the "ugh, I didn't NEED that" later on. (I do that as well)

Enjoy your day!
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Hey girl! IAre you going to Chicago, for CKU!?! I am so jealous if you go, I want to go too...