Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Starting Fresh

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." — Carl Bard

This quote was sent to me today through Real Simple's Daily Thought. It so sums up everything I think.

I don't like the direction some aspects of my life is taking right now. But I sit around and go wtih the flow. This has been wearing on me for a long time, I think my job is a huge part of my problem.

I've been thinking a lot about Brian and I and if I gave up too easily, could it have worked? The real question I've been asking recenlty is, "Do I want it to work?" And the fact that I have no answer almost tells me it's not meant to be.

I'm a firm believer in signs. I feel signs are all around, there are just some we choose to notice and others we don't. It's the signs we notice that are sometimes hard to figure out, what exactly are they telling us. But then I do tend to overanalyze.

I'm trying to take each day as just that, to enjoy it and live it and then remember it, but not stop living. Definatly no easy task!

I ran across this quote in a book by Nora Roberts today....

"Does being happy alone mean you don't think you could be happy with someone?"

Unease and hope ran parallel inside her. "I guess it means I can be happy as things stand, until I find someone who not only brings me the magic, but understands it."

Did this post make any sense or was it just a bunch of random thoughts strung together?

No comments: