Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Clay Aiken Experience

Last night I had tickets for the Clay Aiken concert here in Detroit. My friend Karley agreed to go and see my craziness. We started with a little shopping and dinner, then headed over for the show. We got there a little early so I went up to the ticket office and asked if they had any pavilion seats open, we had lawn. The lady was kinda rude and said no. Well, I wouldn’t take no for an answer so I went to a different ticket window and surprise, surprise, they had a couple tickets. We moved fro the lawn to row E, WE HAD 5TH ROW SEATS!!!

Of course I was glowing and floating at this time. We didn’t have to rush once we got in there, my drebel made it through the check with no problems. So we get to our seats and they’re fabulous. The people next to us show up and they ahd the same thing happen and they were very nice people.

The show started with music from the 50’s. I have to tell you, I could listen to Clay singing the worst song in the world because he wild make it heavenly. He sang ‘Unchained Melody’, a song I don’t really like, and it brought tears to my eyes. He sang Elvis and did the little hip shake, I was as crazy as the girls were when Elvis was alive, he sent my heat a flutter. When he sang ‘I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You’ I felt that he was singing it to me, because I just couldn’t help falling even more in love with Clay in that moment. Then we moved on to the 60s and my favorite Clay song, 'Solitaire'. How can you not feel the emotion?? He did Motown but I honestly can’t remember most of the stuff he sang all I remember was it was perfect.


There was an intermission between the 60’s and 70’s. Now during AI this season when Anthony wore white pants I said no male should ever wear white pants. Well I need to modify that now, Clay can wear whit pants, boy can he ever. During the 70’s we got ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ just as magical as when he sang it on AI. The 80’s were fun, then we moved onto the 90’s. I felt I was showing my age. My friend and I screamed when they sang Boyz 2 Men but all the older women just sat there. But even better, he sang ‘Livin’ LaVida Loca. Yes, he sang Ricky Martin, he had me going crazy.

With this decade he sang his music. We got a melody of some of his songs and then a couple new songs and he ended with the best version of ‘Invisible’ ever! You should have felt the energy!

I told my friend a few times during the show, if only Clay would meet me, he would fall in love with me. He’s able to make fun of himself, mostly his dancing. He shared the stage with his back up singers, allowing them to sing full songs. And best of all he sang for over 2 hours!


I want to experience it all over again, and again, and again.

3 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

so happy for you! I can tell you had a terrific time! I was as thrilled as you when I got to see Elvis in concert when I was a young girl! so wonderful that you got such great pictures!

Jennifer said...

How cool is that, and your seats were so freakin close!! Lucky girl!!

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!