Tuesday, June 21, 2005

....and the lighbulb turns on

I think I might finally be ‘getting it’.

This past weekend was graduation for the rest of the class I started Kettering with. I took my camera for some play time. I took a couple pictures of people getting their diploma and then thought, ‘Am I really going to scrap these pics? Is that what I want to remember about today?’ My answer was no. I realized I wanted to remember seeing friends again, and just being with the girls. We got a picture or 2 of that and those are the memories I’ll cherish.

One of my friends, who is also a scrapper, mentioned where she is in the year with her pictures. She made is sound like she’s so far behind. I told her I stopped scrapping in order and just do the pictures that I want to at that moment. I mean if you really want to think about it, I’m over a year behind, but I’m ok with that. I want to tell the story I want to tell at that time and why should I be forced tell the stories I don’t feel like right now?

This is really a cool feeling. It’s something that’s been coming for awhile but it’s great when I realize I get it.

1 comment:

Thena said...

Don't worry.......I have photos from the 1800's to scrap.

Thena